Cefixime 200mg and azithromycin250mg
A new combination of cefixime and azithromycin is used for the treatment of upper and lower respiratory tract infection.Cefixime, an antibiotic, is a third-generation cephalosporin like ceftriaxone and cefotaxime. Cefixime is highly stable in the presence of beta-lactamase enzymes. As a result, many organisms resistant to penicillins and some cephalosporins due to the presence of beta-lactamases, may be susceptible to cefixime. Whereas Azithromycin due to it's long f life, which enables once daily dosing and shorter administration durations, is a property distinct from other macrolides.
● Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
● Pharyngitis and tonsilitis
● Acute sinusitis
● Gnorrhea and associated infections
● Acute Urinary Tract Infections
● Acute Otitis Media
● Helicobacter pylori infection
● Lyme disease
● Salmonlella and shigella infections.
● Otitis media
● Respiratory tract infection
● Cystic fibrosis
● Anti-inflammatory in COPD Patient
● In P. Falciparum Malaria with other Antimalarial drugs
● Typhoid fever
● Neissaria gonorrhoeae.